Marcus Wethered is an associate in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Mr. Wethered is a member of the Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions practice groups.
Mr. Wethered has experience acting on a broad range of cross-border private equity and corporate transactions, including leveraged buyouts, strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, carve-outs, minority equity investments, co-investments, growth equity investments, financial restructurings, and management equity plans, as well as related corporate and commercial advisory work.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Wethered trained and practised in the London offices of another large international law firm. Mr. Wethered previously completed a secondment at H.I.G. Capital LLC and worked as legal counsel at BBC Studios (working on investments made by their UKTV Ventures Fund and their Indie Productions Growth Fund).
Selected recent experience:*
- Sumeru Equity Partners on its investment in Zappi, a consumer insights platform.
- BBC Studios on its acquisition of Voltage TV, a UK-based unscripted TV production company.
- BBC Studios on its acquisition of Firebird Pictures, a UK-based scripted TV production company.
- BBC Studios on its investment in Turbine Studios, a UK-based scripted TV and film production company.
- UKTV Ventures on its investments in WeAre8 (a social media platform), KinKind (an eco-friendly cosmetics business) and easyGuide (an e-commerce booking platform).
- H.I.G. Capital and its portfolio Vernacare on its acquisitions of various UK-based healthcare businesses, including Aspire Pharma and Robinson Healthcare, and its carve-out acquisition of Frontier Medical’s infection prevention business from the Frontier Medical Group.
- Apollo Global Management, LLC and its portfolio, CareerBuilder on the disposal of Textkernel, a global leading AI-powered HR technology provider, to Main Capital Partners.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- All Seas Capital on its structured capital investment in Hakim, the UK’s leading independent chain of opticians.
- Goldman Sachs Private Capital on its investment in Wolt, a delivery platform active in 18 countries.
- Great Hill Partners and its portfolio, TodayTix, on its acquisition of London-based Encore group, Europe’s leading independent ticketing distribution network from ECI Partners LLP.
- Macquarie Capital on its joint venture with Sun Hung Kai.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- Argon Medical Devices Inc.’s acquisition of Mana-Tech, a UK-based distributor of medical devices.
- General Electric Company’s global joint venture with Baker Hughes for aero-derivative gas turbine engines and related transactions for GE’s separation from Baker Hughes.
*Some of these representations occurred prior to Mr. Wethered’s association with Gibson Dunn.