Alice Brogi is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Alice is a member of the Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice groups.
Alice practices private equity M&A, representing sponsors in cross-border transactions across a number of sectors with a focus on infrastructure and hard assets. She has advised clients on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, preferred equity and debt investments, joint ventures, loan-to-own restructurings, and portfolio acquisitions in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria and the Nordics.
Alice has also advised private equity firms on investments across a number of sectors, including telecom, construction, financial services and technology sectors. She has previously completed secondments both at Hudson Advisors UK and also to the merchant banking division of Goldman Sachs.
Alice is named in 2023 International Rising Stars guide published by Law.com, which recognizes the industry’s ‘best and brightest’ female lawyers. She has been previously named in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2023 list, which recognises the most daring, innovative and creative lawyers and among Europe’s 25 best up-and-coming private equity lawyers by Law.com International in its Rising Stars 2022 list. Alice is also recognised by Legal 500 UK 2023 for Infrastructure and private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+).
Alice received a master’s degree in French and German corporate law, magna cum laude, from the Universite Paris Nanterre and an LL.M. in corporate law from the London School of Economics in 2007. She is admitted to practice in England and Wales and France. Alice is a native French speaker and also fluent in English and German.
Private Equity Transactions:*
- Advised The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in Spain-based plywood manufacturer Garnica from Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) and certain shareholders.
- Advised KKR and Oslo Pensjonsforsikring in their investment in 30% of Telenor Fibre ASA, Telenor’s fibre optic business, for $1 billion.
- Advised H.R.L Morrison on its acquisition of 33.3% in Lyntia Networks, one of the leading dark fibre providers in Spain.
- Representing the consortium formed by AXA IM and Swiss Life in their acquisition of Lyntia Networks, a leading wholesale operator in the Spanish telecommunications market and the only neutral provider operating both lit and dark fibre.
- Representing Blue Earth Capital AG in their participation in Sense Labs, one of the leading companies in real-time home energy intelligence.
- Advised KKR on its investment in Northumbrian Water, a UK water and waste-water services company controlled by CK Group.
- Advised KKR on its investment in 49% of Reintel, the leading dark fibre infrastructure operator in Spain, creating a strategic partnership with Red Eléctrica de España, the partly state-owned and listed Spanish corporation which operates the national electricity grid in Spain.
- Advised Asterion Industrial Partners in its partnership with MS3, a provider of full fibre services to homes and businesses, to expand the company’s fiber network and create an emerging fiber platform in the North of England.
- Advised KKR in connection with the investment, alongside OTPP, in Caruna Oy, Finland’s largest electricity distribution company. The transaction, which represented the second deal undertaken under KKR’s core infrastructure strategy, involved the acquisition of First Sentier Investors’ 40% stake in Caruna Oy as well as the separate acquisition of OMERS’ 40% stake.*
- Advised KKR in the sale of European Locomotive Leasing, a leading pan-European provider of electric locomotive leasing solutions, to AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets and Crédit Agricole Assurances.*
- Advised a private infrastructure fund in their bid to acquire Adven, a district heating company in the Nordics, from Infracapital and AMP Capital.*
- Advised a private infrastructure fund in their bid to acquire Miya Water, a water concession company, from Bridgepoint (ultimately acquired by Antin).*
- Advised a private infrastructure fund in their bid to acquire Urbaser S.A., a waste management / waste collection, from CNTY.*
- Advised Helios Towers plc in relation to the acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure operating companies in Madagascar and Malawi and the potential acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure assets in Chad and Gabon, together with related long term service contracts.*
- Advised Spartan Acquisition Corp. III, a SPAC, in its $3.14 billion business combination with Allego Holding B.V., a leading pan-European electric vehicle charging network.*
- Advised Groupe Bruxelles Lambert, the Belgium-based investment holding company, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Webhelp, one of the world’s leading call centre operators headquartered in Paris; Deal values Webhelp at €2.4bn (enterprise value), making the acquisition both the largest LBO transaction in France in 2019 and the first for Groupe Bruxelles Lambert.*
- Advised a US private equity sponsor on its bid to acquire, using vendor stapled debt, the Project Helix portfolio of Cypriot real estate backed corporate loans and other non-performing exposures from Bank of Cyprus.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the acquisition of a German building materials manufacturer and the related financing, co-investment and management incentive arrangements.*
- Advised a US private equity fund in a joint venture and acquisition of real estate in France.*
- Advised a US private equity fund and its portfolio company on the acquisition of a French building material company.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the acquisition of a building materials manufacturer and the related financing, co-investment and management incentive arrangements.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the IPO of a portfolio company.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the acquisition of a European bad bank.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the bid to acquire a leading European industrial group specialized in the design and manufacture of precast concrete products.*
- Advised a US private equity fund and its portfolio company on the bid to acquire petrol stations in Italy.*
- Advised a US private equity fund on the acquisition of a US commercial carpet manufacturer, its related integration with another portfolio company and associated management incentive arrangements.*
- Advised TPG and Oaktree Capital on the acquisition of Iona Energy company and the related financing, co-investment and management incentive arrangements.*
- Advised Advent International in relation to its investment in Europe’s largest independent insurance intermediary.*
- Advised a global leading reinsurer, in connection with its envisaged acquisition of the Wittington Group.*
- Advised a private client in relation to its investment in a gold mine in Afghanistan.*
- Advised Mubadala in relation to its acquisition, in consortium with Sony, of the EMI Music Publishing business.*
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of an international consultancy business.*
- Advised HiT Entertainment on its internal reorganisation prior to its sale to Mattel, Inc.*
- Advised a leading global investment bank’s merchant banking division in connection with its acquisition of one of the largest printing and packaging companies worldwide, the related co-investment and management incentive arrangements and subsequent bolt-ons.*
Special Situations Transactions:*
- Advised Deutsche Bank and EOS on the acquisition and financing of a loan portfolio secured on CRE in CEE.*
- Advised Deutsche Bank on the financing of the acquisition of a loan portfolio in Spain.*
- Advised Deutsche Bank and CarVal on the acquisition of the Project Forge CRE NPL portfolio and related financing.*
- Advised Deutsche Bank in transactions to acquire various loan portfolios and related financings.*
Capital Markets Transactions:
- Advised Obi Worldphone on several rounds of equity capital raising.*
- Advised P2P Global Investments on equity and debt investments in several peer-to-peer lending platforms.*
- Advised Lion Capital in relation to the recapitalisation of one of its portfolio company, a Dutch frozen food producer.*
- Advised Lion Capital in relation to the financial restructuring and recapitalisation of the Findus Group.*
- Advised Findus Group in its private placement of senior notes.*
- Advised the administrators of MF Global UK Limited on the sale of MF’s metals division to INTL FCStone.*
*Some of these representations occurred prior to Alice’s association with Gibson Dunn.