Lidia Frenkel Anastasio is of counsel in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Sports Law Practice Groups. Ms. Anastasio regularly represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, venture capital investments, and other significant transactional matters in the U.S., Latin America, and other jurisdictions. Ms. Anastasio has particular expertise in advising special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), operating companies and investors in connection with SPAC business combinations and financing transactions.
Ms. Anastasio has extensive experience across a broad range of industries, including sports, media, entertainment, technology, energy and hospitality sectors. She advises a diverse range of clients, including, among others, private equity firms and other financial sponsors, buyout groups and consortiums, large family offices with direct investment capabilities. Her practice also encompasses a range of corporate governance and emerging companies matters.
Notable representations include:
Private Equity Transactions
- Elliott Investment Management L.P. and its affiliate, Evergreen Coast Capital Corporation, on its $16 billion acquisition of Nielsen Holdings plc.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its pending acquisition of a gaming business
- L Catterton in its acquisition of Alliance Animal Health, a veterinary clinic chain
- RSE Ventures, the private equity and venture arm of Miami Dolphins owner and The Related Companies Chairman Stephen Ross, in connection with a variety of investments, including its investment in Resy, Inc., a restaurant reservation booking platform, and in the sale of Resy to American Express*
- RedBird Capital Partners in its formation and funding of Zenith Shipping, a platform vehicle acquiring a fleet of freighters and tankers, and subsequent financing transactions*
- RedBird Capital Partners in its formation of Lifeline Capital, an asset manager in the insurance space*
- Goldman Sachs in the sale of Revolution Money Inc., a financial services company, to American Express*
- Goldman Sachs in the sale of iCrossing, Inc., a global digital marketing agency to Hearst Communications, Inc.*
- Goldman Sachs in its investments in a number of mid-stage technology companies, including Fluid, Inc., Media Rights Capital, Revolution Money Inc., Tri Alpha Energy, Inc., and Ikonisys, Inc.*
- Perella Weinberg Partners Xerion in its investment in Red Leaf Resources, Inc., a Canadian-based natural resources company*
Sports, Media and Entertainment Transactions
- A seller consortium including RedBird Capital Partners, Bruin Sports Capital, The Carlyle Group and The National Football League in the sale of a controlling interest in On Location Experiences, the official hospitality partner of the NFL, to Endeavor*
- YES Network in its sale of an 80% equity stake to 21st Century Fox*
- The Miami Dolphins in connection with their commercial arrangements with Formula One Worldwide Championship Limited to bring a Formula 1 race to Miami*
- Primary Wave Ventures, a leading music publishing company, in its equity financing by Oaktree Capital Management*
- RSE Ventures in its preferred equity investment in The Drone Racing League*
- Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Groot Hospitality, which includes dining, entertainment and hospitality brands such as Liv, Story, Komodo, Swan & Bar Bevy with Pharrell Williams and Papi Steak*
- The Raine Group in connection with its investment in Blackbird Production Partners, a live concert event production company*
- Journalism Online, LLC, a provider of online subscription services for news websites, in its sale to R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company*
- BigChampagne, LLC, a technology-driven media measurement company, in its sale to Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.*
- Fifth Wall Acquisition Corp. I in its $2.2 billion business combination with SmartRent, Inc.
- Rotor Acquisition Corp. in its $1.3 billion business combination with Sarcos Robotics
- Goldman Sachs in the $1.2 billion business combination of NextNav Inc. with Spartacus Acquisition Corp.
- FAST Acquisition Corp. II in its $1 billion business combination with Falcon’s Beyond Global LLC, a global entertainment company focused on experiential technology, content creation and theme parks
Other Mergers, Acquisitions, Dispositions and Joint Ventures
- Caithness Energy, an independent power producer specializing in the development and management of renewable energy and natural gas development projects, in its equity financing to develop an 1,875 megawatt combined-cycle natural gas electric generating facility in Guernsey County, Ohio*
- Goldman Sachs in its sale of its equity stake in CBAS Power Holdings, LLC, an owner of solar power and cogeneration facilities*
- Zurich North America in its competitive auction sale of a brine desalinization and processing facility*
- Erdenes Tavan Tolgoi JSC, a state-owned Mongolian mining company, in connection with its pursuit of an international joint venture to develop and finance the largest coal reserve in the world*
- Tudor Investment Corporation in a number of joint ventures focused on systematic trading strategies*
- Sellers in connection with the sale of a Peruvian agribusiness through an international auction process*
Ms. Anastasio received her L.L.M. in 2008 from New York University School of Law. She received her L.L.B, magna cum laude, from Tel Aviv University in 2006 and her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Tel Aviv University in 2006.
*Representations were made by Ms. Anastasio prior to her association with Gibson Dunn.